AES Gener begins work on largest battery storage facility in Latin America FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Energy Storage News:AES Gener has held a virtual groundbreaking ceremony to mark the start of construction on a 112MW / 560MWh battery energy storage system project in Chile, Latin America.Multinational electric power generation and distribution company AES Corporation’s local subsidiary said the system, which can store power from nearby solar and wind facilities for up to five hours, is the biggest battery storage system in Latin America to date as well as being Chile’s first solar-plus-storage project.The batteries will be paired with 253MW of renewable energy generation, including the 180MW Andes Solar II B project in Antofagasta. Andes Solar II B will be built with 10MW of modular, prefabricated solar PV panels and 170MW of bifacial solar PV panels of the type AES Gener has already deployed in the 80MW Andes Solar II A project which has already begun construction.The solar energy to be integrated into the national electricity system with the batteries will be built on mountain ranges in Antofagasta in the Atacama Desert, enjoying a combination of high solar irradiance at relatively low temperatures. Meanwhile, the output of the 73MW Campo Lindo wind farm being built in the Bío Bío region in the central south of Chile will also be integrated using the storage system. Campo Lindo is the first phase of a total 480MW cluster of wind turbines being built in the region, near the city of Los Ángeles.Battery systems used will be supplied by Fluence, the energy storage technology provider co-owned by AES Corporation and engineering solutions company Siemens. Fluence said that its Sunstack modular battery storage solutions will be used – part of the company’s sixth generation range of energy storage systems launched earlier this year. AES Gener said the ability to store energy for five hours – and therefore charge the batteries for dispatch after the sun has set – will make the company’s energy supply “more competitive and resilient”.AES Gener also said that the new solar-wind-storage build-out, along with 709MW of energy projects that it has already begun building in Chile, the company is contributing to the creation of around 6,000 direct jobs in the country. In total, AES Gener is adding 2,300MW+ of renewable capacities and batteries to its portfolio in Chile by 2024 under its existing plans, the company said in a press release.[Andy Colthorpe]More: AES begins work on 560MWh ‘largest battery system in Latin America’ for solar and wind in Chile
Much of our accomplishments each day are decided by our morning routines. If we continually hit the snooze button barely making it to the office on time, our days may look a little more chaotic. However, if we plan out our mornings – allowing time to enjoy the peace and quiet – we may find ourselves far more productive throughout our days.The New York Times’ Benjamin Spall reflects on the more than 300 successful people he’s interviewed about their morning routines and landed on five common themes. They include:Experiment with your wake-up time. Experimenting with what time you wake up shouldn’t solely rest on the time you need to get ready and out the door. Try building in some time to enjoy the morning and think through the day.Make time for whatever energizes you. For me, this includes a morning run on my treadmill while reading up on the day’s news. 26SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading »
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A winter storm is forecast to dump two to four inches of snow Tuesday on Long Island, which is likely to snarl the rush hour commute, forecasters said.The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory for Nassau and Suffolk counties from 12 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday.“Snow is expected to begin after midnight tonight and continue into the Tuesday morning rush,” the agency’s Upton-based meteorologists said in a statement. “Snow ends by Tuesday afternoon.”The storm is expected to cause slippery roadways and reduced visibility, creating hazardous travel conditions.Temperatures are expected to be 13 with wind chills as low as 5 and gusts up to 20 mph.Once the storm passes, there is another slight chance of snow on Wednesday, Thursday and this weekend.
CHENANGO BRIDGE (WBNG) — The Broome County Sheriff’s Office says one person was arrested following a high-speed chase that occurred early Thursday morning. ORIGINAL STORY: The sheriff’s office says two other occupants were in the vehicle with Frost. They were taken into custody but released without charges, they say. Police haven’t shared any information on possible injuries, people in custody, or what started the high-speed chase in the first place. Frost was taken to the Broome County Sheriff’s Office where he was processed on his charges. Authorities say the chase continued onto Airport Port, the city of Binghamton, Route 7 and eventually Route 88 where the chase ended with Frost crashing his vehicle. The New York State Police aided in the investigation. The sheriff’s office says 25-year-old Paul A. Frost of Johnson City was arrested and charged with criminal mischief in the 2nd degree, a class D felony. He was also charged with a misdemeanor and 31 vehicle and traffic violations, authorities noted. The Broome County Sheriff’s Office, Hillcrest Fire Department and State Troopers all responded to the scene. The car caught fire and came to stop between Exits 1 and 2 on I-88 eastbound. (WBNG) — A high-speed chase early Thursday morning ended in a vehicle fire. 3:30 P.M. UPDATE: When 12 News crews arrived at the scene, the fire was already out, but they did see fire damage to the side of the car. They say his vehicle caught fire but was later put out by a deputy with an extinguisher. They say Frost was spotted travelling at a “high rate of speed” on Glenwood Road in the town of Dickinson. The sheriff’s office attempted to conduct a traffic stop but Frost did not comply, they say. This is a developing story and will be updated as we learn more information.
Two-day torrential rain led to flooding in Merbau district of North Labuhan Batu regency, North Sumatra, on Sunday, causing damage to public facilities and forcing hundreds of residents from their homes.According to the North Labuhan Batu Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD), the floods prompted around 600 families to seek shelter.“It was still raining this morning, so the floodwater has yet to recede, and residents are still staying with relatives and in safer places,” North Labuhan Batu BPBD logistics head Sukardi said on Sunday. The villages of Simpang Empat, Marbau Selatan, Belongkut, Lobu Rampah and Tubiran, as well as Marbau subdistrict, were heavily affected by the floods.Sukardi added that at least 80 houses and several vehicles had been damaged. Meanwhile, schools, houses of worship and village maternity wards were also affected by the disaster. The floods also killed some residents’ livestock, such as goats and chickens.“Some emergency kitchens have been established to help residents,” he said, adding that the Indonesian Military (TNI) and the National Police had worked alongside the BPBD in the evacuation process.According to Simpang Empat resident Syahrief, floods happen every year during the rainy season. Syarief expressed his frustration at the government’s lack of prevention measures.“Thank God there were no casualties, but should we wait until someone dies of the disaster for the government to solve the problem?” he said. (trn)Topics :
Greensburg, In. — A report from the Greensburg Daily News says the redevelopment commission there has approved a $100,000 expenditure for a feasibility study for a railroad overpass in the city.The report says Greensburg Redevelopment Commission member Jody Coffman says, “To me, it’s safety,” Coffman said during an April meeting. “So, No. 1, even though we have a second [fire] station built over the railroad, let’s say that there’s a fire called out on the north end of the county and a train comes through, and a fire gets called out on the south end of the county. Now, they’re all stuck on the north end of the county.”Governor Eric Holcomb recently unveiled a program to provide grants to municipalities safety enhancements and railroad overpasses. Batesville, Greensburg, Seymour, Franklin and Columbus all are searching for solutions to increased railroad traffic.Mayor Manus has expressed support for the plan, “I would like to see something happen as long as it’s feasible and we have the right spot, that’s what the study will tell us.”The study will provide an estimated cost and design options for officials to consider.The study is expected to be complete in July of 2018.“I think it’s good that they (the RDC) have talked about this,” said mayor Manus. “They’ve talked about this before, but when this grant came up it gave us a chance. We need to study this and make sure it’ll work.”The grants will be awarded in September of this year.
Batesville, IN – Batesville Fire and Rescue responded to a report of a residential structure fire on Park Avenue around 1:15 am on Monday. Fire crews and law enforcement arrived within moments to discover the two-story home was fully engulfed in flames.While on the scene, firefighters were informed that a person was potentially trapped inside the residence. Firefighters immediately began search and rescue efforts which led to the discovery of the victim. As a result, there was one fatality reported from the fire. Batesville Fire and Rescue will not be releasing the name of the deceased at this time. A total of nine residents of the home were displaced due to the destruction.The fire remains under investigation by the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office. Batesville Fire & Rescue was provided mutual aid by Morris Volunteer Fire Department and Oldenburg Eagle Fire Department and assisted by the Batesville Police Department, Sunman Area Life Squad, and the American Red Cross. Crews were on the scene well into Monday morning.
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians Arjen Robben has revealed that his wife Bernadien contracted coronavirus and struggled to breathe during her battle with the deadly disease. The former Chelsea and Bayern Munich star opened up on the couple’s health fright, and highlighted that Bernadien had struggled to recover from the virus over a sustained period. Robben also hailed the invaluable support from their friends during the crisis, with the pair having been confined to self-isolation. The now-retired ex-winger shed further light on his personal encounter with Covid-19, which continues to reek havoc across the globe as governments struggle to fight back. Robben featured on a Bayern-centred podcast, via Bild, and said: “The worst thing for my wife was that she felt this pressure on her chest and had trouble breathing. That was absolutely not a nice feeling. “You also notice how long it lasts. It’s not as if you feel better after a day or two. I’m very glad that it didn’t get too bad.” And with Robben and his partner restricted to their home, friends of the couple fetched groceries for them and took their dog out for a walk every day. He added: “Fortunately we have very dear friends who helped us then. But that was a strange situation, you can’t go out at all. “There are purchases that are then placed in front of the door. You can bring that in later. “We also have a dog that we are not allowed to go to the forest with. Friends picked up the dog and went for a walk with it.” Bernadien has since fought off coronavirus, and Robben admitted his relief. “Fortunately, everything was still under control, but not nice,” he said. She felt really bad, but fortunately she has been tested negative now and is feeling better.Tags: Arjen RobbenBayern MunichBernadienCoronavirusCOVID-19
Milan: Departing Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri bid farewell to the Turin fans in the team’s final home game this season on Sunday, a 1-1 stalemate against Atalanta that kept the visitors’ hopes of a first-ever Champions League qualification alive. The Juventus fans paid tribute to Allegri, who the club’s management have decided will not be their coach next season, despite winning 11 trophies in five years, but missing out on winning the Champions League. Juventus have already wrapped up their record eighth consecutive title, which was Allegri’s fifth. The team were officially presented with this year’s Serie A trophy — the first for Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo. Former World Cup winner Andrea Barzagli played his final home game after eight years in Turin and received a resounding ovation when he came off after an hour. On the pitch, forward Mario Mandzukic struck ten minutes from time to cancel out Josip Ilicic’s 33rd-minute goal for Atalanta.RELATED The point keeps Atalanta’s hopes of a first Champions League campaign alive, which they can seal if they beat Sassuolo in their final game next weekend. Atalanta moved third ahead of Inter Milan on head-to-head after Luciano Spalletti’s side lost 4-1 at Napoli. Juventus and second-placed Napoli are already through to the Champions League next season. AC Milan is just one point behind Inter and Atalanta in fifth after Krzysztof Piatek and Suso struck in a 2-0 win over Frosinone. Inter will play their final match against Empoli, who are trying to avoid relegation. Polish striker Piatek got back scoring on 57 minutes at the San Siro, with Spanish winger Suso adding a second nine minutes later. Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma saved a Camillo Ciano penalty before Piatek broke his five-match scoring drought with his 22nd goal of the season. Milan is at least assured of a place in next season’s Europa League, along with Roma, who were held to a goalless draw at Sassuolo on Saturday. The two teams benefited from seventh-placed Torino’s shock 4-1 defeat at Empoli, which ended the northerners’ European hopes. Lazio, in eighth, is sure of playing in the Europa League group stage thanks to their Coppa Italia victory. Empoli moved out of the relegation zone at the expense of Genoa, who were held 1-1 by Cagliari, and are now 18th ahead of next week’s clash with Fiorentina, themselves just three points off the drop zone. highlights Juventus secured their eighth consecutive Serie A title.Atalanta is aiming to secure a UEFA Champions League spot for the first time.Mario Mandzukic and Josep Ilcic scored for their respective teams. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
DESPITE winning only one of four games, head coach Bryan Joseph and Technical Director Ian Greenwood have both labelled Guyana’s showing at the CONCACAF U-15 Championship a success and a step in the right direction.Guyana was among 39 countries that participated in the August 13-19 Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) Under-15 Championship, which was said to be the largest CONCACAF tournament ever, including 39 member associations and over 700 youth players from across the Confederation.The developmental tournament featured 81 matches played entirely at the world-renowned IMG Academy campus in Bradenton, Florida.The Guyanese opened the tournament with a 1-1 draw against St Kitts and Nevis, but were beaten 3-1 by rivals Suriname. Guyana wrapped up Group F with a 1-0 win over St Lucia, but later on had their hearts broken by Puerto Rico, who edged them 6-5 on sudden death after finishing regulation 1-1.Joseph hailed the players’ competitive nature but stated that the team lacked the concentration to focus for 90 minutes. He said this was evident since in every match, Guyana were first to get on the scoreboard.However, Joseph pointed out that they received positive feedbacks from spectators, and forecast that in time and should the players continue along the path set by the Guyana Football Federation’s (GFF) Technical Director Ian Greenwood, they will have a bright future representing both club and country.Meanwhile, Greenwood, who touted players’ development from the youth level since arriving at the GFF, said the team’s showing is a reflection of the players’ commitment to the ongoing work done at their respective Academy Training Centres (ATC).Greenwood, while hailing their good showing at the CONCACAF tournament, challenged them to keep working hard, since there are both local and overseas players who are just as talented, who are “putting in the work” for a chance to represent Guyana.President of the GFF, Wayne Forde, said his federation was “extremely proud” of the team, calling the ATC and Greenwood’s youth development initiative “a worthwhile investment.”Forde pointed out the GFF’s commitment to not only ensuring that the players are afforded the opportunity to train on a continuous basis and at an enabling environment, but also promising to provide a platform for them to showcase their talent both locally and overseas.