The East Central Trojans Wrestling team continue their winning ways this season by capturing The Wrestling Sectional Team Championship at Franklin on Saturday, February 1st, at Franklin County. Coach Adam Wolf’s squad won six individual weight titles en route to repeating as Sectional Champs and all Trojans Wrestlers participating also Regional bound. The overall team results. 2-Milan, 3-South Dearborn, 4-Rushville, 5-Lawrenceburg, 6-Franklin County, 7-Connersville, 8-Greensburg, 9-Batesville, 10-Union County.The Batesville High School wrestling team traveled to Franklin County to compete in Sections with 9 other teams. Despite the 9th place finish, The Bulldogs had a strong individual performance with half the team that participated in placing and 3 moving on to regionals.Sophomore Josh Mobley had the best finish with a 2nd place finish at 152. Mobley went 2-1 with a pin and a 9-3 victory. Josh lost in the finals to number 3 ranked Bryar Hall form East Central. JT Linkel went 3-1 on his way to a 3rd place finish at 145. Linkel had 1 pin and 2 decision victories. Alex Murphy went 2-2 finishing 4th with 2 pins. All three will be moving on to regionals next week in Richmond. Seniors Nick Nobbe and Axel Garcia both placed 6th at 160 and 170. Other participants were Jonathan Lamping at 126, Jonathan Schrank at 138, Jy’lil Chappell at 182, Christian Garcia at 195, and Brandon Manning at 220. The team placed 9th with 55 points.Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more infoFailed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more infoThe top four wrestlers from each individual weight class will advance to The Regionals at Richmond on Saturday, February 8th, starting at 9 AM.Congrats to our area qualifying wrestlers at The Sectionals and good luck at The Regionals.
Best will be approaching his 36th birthday by the time his new deal expires, indicating his desire to complete the bulk of his career on home soil. Ireland chiefs’ decision to hand him another central contract underscores head coach Joe Schmidt’s desire to see the 89-cap front-rower extend his lengthy Test career still further. Ireland could have opted to overhaul their resources after their fifth World Cup quarter-final defeat in the 2015 tournament, but this new deal for Best is the first tangible suggestion to the contrary. “Rory contributes so much to Irish rugby both on and off the field,” said the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) performance director David Nucifora. “He is a model professional who has consistently performed at the top level for both club and country. “We are delighted to have secured his services for a further two years.” Best made his senior Ulster debut in 2004 and has racked up 172 provincial appearances, while he is also Ireland’s most-capped hooker. “It is a great honour to play for Ulster and Ireland and I am privileged to have the opportunity to captain this talented group of Ulster players,” said Best. Ulster’s new rugby director Les Kiss has worked extensively with Best over the years given his former defence coach role with Ireland. Kiss believes Best remains integral to Ulster’s ambitions. “The quality he delivers so consistently reflects his character and his talent,” said Kiss. “His leadership, tenacity and drive are incredibly important to what we are looking to achieve at Ulster.” Rory Best has signalled his intent to see out his career at home province Ulster by signing a new dual Ireland contract that runs until 2018. Press Association
…says work on access road should commence shortlyThe Timehri roundabout project, which has been featured prominently in the media last year after being flagged by the Audit Office of Guyana for construction delays, is nearing completion.The Timehri roundabout during its early stagesThis is according to Work Services Group (WSG) head Geoffrey Vaughn, who informed this publication in a recent interview that the project is not only nearing completion but work should also commence shortly on the access road component.“That is about 80 per cent completed,” Vaughn revealed when asked for an update on the project, adding that the contractor has been able to resolve the issues he encountered with utility infrastructure.“The access road, (the contract) should be awarded shortly. Work should commence either early in February or later down (in the year),” the Public Infrastructure Ministry Official added.In Auditor General Deodat Sharma’s 2017 report, it had been reported that the contractor was given advance payments totalling $30.8 million, with $628,568 being paid to the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) as withholding tax. The contractor, who was awarded the contract out of 11 bidders, was supposed to construct a single lane rural roundabout and bypass road.The AG had revealed that he examined payment vouchers, contract documents and even paid the site a physical visit a few months ago. Among his findings were that the works were incomplete and behind schedule.He had also found that while Gaico had mobilised on site, at the time only excavation and general earth work had started. And this was limited to two small sections of the existing roadway. The works were expected to be done at the existing two lane road coming from the Cheddi Jagan International Airport and the four lane highway.The AG had also revealed that the advance payment bond, meant to be a security in case the contractor defaulted after being paid up front, expired since December 4, 2017. As of August 2018, only 19.5 per cent of the advance payment had been recovered.In its response, the Public Infrastructure Ministry had explained that complications from removing utility connections in the area resulted in the delays on the project. The removal of these utilities, the Ministry had said, had cost over $8 million.Since that publication, Gaico Construction and General Services had come out to say that far from being responsible for delays to the Timehri roundabout project, the utility infrastructure impeded the project. However, the company is aiming to complete the project by this year end.During an interview with Guyana Times, Gaico’s Chief Executive Officer Komal Singh had noted that the state auditors did not take into account work done on the site in order to prepare for the project. According to the CEO, his company delivered approximately 2000 tons of crusher run within a week of the contract at a cost of almost $20 million.In addition, Singh said that Gaico demolished and rebuilt a fence; all part of preparatory work he said exceeded the mobilisation advances they received. He then alluded to the sub terrain lines and pipes the company encountered from utility companies like the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph (GTT).